Monday, January 27, 2014

Raigir on a Rainy Day!

This was my umpteenth visit to the best natural place around Hyderabad- Raigir. I was already much aware of this place- so I decided to go all by myself. That day was a Wednesday and it was the day I thought I would go. It was slightly raining and after I texted my idea to my fellow ferroequinologists, majority of them suggested to be careful while few others said it was a bad idea. But against all odds, I decided I will show up  to myself at the Famous Raigir curve, to which I have never walked. I've been onto the hill many times but I have never walked to the curve. The idea was inspired by Anil- going to Raigir curve on a Wednesday afternoon.

I walked to Vidyanagar- took MMTS bound for Lingampally upto Secunderabad- then took Hyderabad Warangal pushpulll to Raigir. I started walking towards the curve- I recollected all the trains I would be getting- Secunderabad bound Golconda Express, Korba bound Wainganga Express. Nizamuddin bound Rajdhani Express and yes- some freight action. I was hoping for some EMDs in form of freights. Wainganga's official link as per many sources was an EMD, but it generally gets an ALCo due to shortage of EMDs.

I heard some honk and yes- the action begins. Secunderabad bound Golconda goes. And no photo taken. Only KZJ bound trains or the SC bound trains with some rear loco will give nice shots. Some quick discussion with few of my friends on WhatsApp. Quick call to few fellow ferroequinologists to get updated with statuses of trains I had to capture. And then, dark clouds enter the atmosphere- which added up to the beauty of the nature. Lush green trees and dark clouds on top of it- a perfect combination which one would love to see.

Yes- Wainganga was coming anytime and I got geared up with my camera to click the perfect shot. I heard some ALCo honk and the beautifully rebuild Krishnarajapuram WDM3A in short hood forward pulled the Korba bound Wainganga Express. I captured- at two instances- so that I won't miss out anything. A wave to chief and he waves back. I recollected if it was only WDM3A from Krishnarajapuram which was rebuilt. I confirmed it by calling Pramath, a fellow ferroequinologist from Bengaluru.

Korba bound Wainganga royally passes through the 90* curve at Raigir.


Next I heard something what I just hoped for- yes an EMD honk, from KZJ side. So that was helpless either. Within moments, a PUNE WDG4 entered the scenario and there was only one loco with BOXN rake. When the train was about to pass completely- I heard some roar from the rear end of the train. "There is a loco behind" I talked incoherently.

Yes, it was an EMD and it was coupled in short hood back mode. And this time- I made most out of what I was blessed with.

Now I started awaiting something more rear and brilliant to witness- the India's one of the only two ICF Rajdhanis- at the mighty Raigir curve with a white stallion at its helm. There was almost an hour to kill the time, so I decided to do some nature photography. I tried my best to pan shots to the vehicles that were passing through the highway to Bhoopalapatnam. Then entered few unknown insects- which grabbed my attention.

Then I had to encounter couple of freights, of which one happens to be RoRo. Yes a RoRo train came to Raigir- but its the RoRo one actually thinks when he imagines RoRo in IR. It is a military rake, where few jeeps and trucks were being transported on a flat bed rake. Lallaguda WAG 9 was the power. Yes, I did capture even that- which happens to be a rare spotting.

Then Goutham calls- he says Rajdhani has crossed Bibinagar- so I get ready- it may show up anytime, considering it is Rajdhani. I got myself busy in a call with my friend, as I didn't want to feel lonely on such an atmosphere. I knew I could click by being on phone. So, as usual- the 15 minute wait for Rajdhani was a very short one as I was on call with my friend and finally I could hear some honk. Within moments White Stallion with ICF Generator car- followed by vintage red coaches and after couple of coaches- a Duronto coach- after which, tons of metal with vintage Rajdhani livery paint and

*Click*

*Click*

*Click*

*Click*

*Click*

Rajdhani bound for Hazrat Nizamuddin at Raigir- enough said.


And the Rajdhani bound for Nizamuddin went past me. I thanked my friend for making my 15 minute wait a very short and sweet one- thanks to AirTel and Nokia, or Samsung in my friends case. Then I started walking back- yes I was heading home by APSRTC bus. There was no train till 16:00 in the evening, so I decided to go off to home in a bus, which drops me right in front of my home.

It went just like how I thought- I got down in front of my home.

-Prithvi.

No comments:

Post a Comment